Monday, May 5, 2008

Ruthless

You meant the world to me , thought it was the same with you
The times we spent talking endlessly,sharing thoughts and views
The heated arguments, the affectionate teasing, mostly disputing, sometimes agreeing
Ours was a friendship I was proud of,unique or so I thought
The love,the concern, the fun , the respect - a mirage I was chasing?
My faith in the strength of our friendship - a wishful dream?
That fateful sunday , you slaughtered a friendship
It lay bleeding at your feet but you did not see
How could you? So full of yourself
You did not hear the anguished cry nor feel the pain
To you it was an experiment ,to me the death of friendship
Your words , so casual, so callous, so factual , so cold
I died a hundred deaths to know what our friendship meant to you
An opportunity not to be passed by,a need to be indulged
A used and discared body, so where is the harm.
It did not strike you that the body housed a heart and soul
Will you ever know the pain, the hurt, the humilation, you wrought?
Will you ever know how it hurts to know that a friendship treasured
Was to you just an experiment , just a ruthless experiment
2003

No comments: